Course Equivalency Service

Welcome to the Course Equivalency Service (CES). The CES provides course equivalencies for currently enrolled UW–Madison students who plan to complete summer or winter term course work through another U.S. institution.

Students who plan to complete course work abroad at a foreign institution or a study abroad program which is non-affiliated with UW–Madison should request Transfer Credit Services through International Academic Programs.

Note about China: For summer 2019, courses from summer programs in China will not be eligible for transfer credit. Please direct questions about course work in China to International Academic Programs.

Learn more about CES

Submitting a request

When you are ready to submit a request, log into your request portal.