Campus parking tips
UW–Madison is an urban campus with limited parking availability. Here are some tips for parking on- and off-campus and getting around during your visit.
Some visitor parking is available in campus or public parking garages or ramps. Visitor parking costs up to $15/day. Here are the closest options:
- Plan ahead. Give yourself 45 – 60 minutes to park and arrive at your tour check-in location.
- Before arriving on campus, check visitor parking availability for a real-time count of open visitor spaces in parking ramps.
- Be aware of special events on campus. These can impact parking availability and travel times.
- Avoid short-term timed/metered stalls. (Metered parking sessions on the UW campus cannot be extended.)
- Note that prime parking locations fill up quickly for large events, so have a backup parking plan in case your primary choice is full.
Here are some ways to avoid parking on campus:
- Get door-to-door service by taking a taxi, shuttle, or ridesharing service to your destination.
- While on campus, get around for free on the campus circulator bus (route 80, 81, 82, or 84). Routes 80 and 84 provide daytime service, and routes 80, 81, and 82 provide nighttime service. Find information about routes and schedules on the bus page.
Directions to Union South
Located at 1308 West Dayton Street, Union South hosts daily information sessions, campus tours, and special events. First-year applicants can also meet with a counselor in the lobby before and after the daily admissions information session, Monday through Friday. Find this location on a Google map or the campus map.
Directions to Admissions and Recruitment
On the first floor of 702 West Johnson Street, the Office of Admissions and Recruitment is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Find this location on a Google map or the campus map.